21 september 2019
In this Privacy Statement we will explain what personal data we collect from you as a user of our website or our services, what we do with it and what rights you have as a user. The content of this Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. If there are any amendments, we will inform you of them. This Privacy Statement was most recently amended on 21 September 2019.
How we handle your personal data.
Paramedia UK B.V. uses the personal data of its users
What data do we store.
- to enable it to provide the services it offers,
- to improve, among other things, mediumchat, and in doing so to improve its services (for example by allowing it to tailor its services to your wishes),
- to process user requests for information (for example requests for the newsletter),
- to perform commercial and other activities (for example so we can make personalised offers).
If you register with mediumchat, we store your email address, date of birth (optional) and first name (optional). As long as your account has not been deleted, we will store your account data.
Chat messages sent through mediumchat and your chathistory are handled confidentially and will be stored as such.
We will store a chathistory for up to 12 weeks and use this to improve the services that we provide to the person in question and to improve our services in a general sense. If the chathistory is used to improve our services in a general sense, the chathistory will be anonymized beforehand.
We use the payment services of pay.nl for payments. We do not record the details of your bank and the related personal data in our system.
We also collect personal data (such as browser type; IP-address) through cookies if you subscribe to the newsletter and/or directly contact us through email. These cookies can also be disabled. Each email contains a link which allows you to unsubscribe. The subscriber file of the newsletter will not be disclosed to third parties.
This website has social media buttons so you can share pages through social media networks such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Google. If you click on these buttons, the social media networks in question will process your personal data. We advise you to read the privacy statements of these social media networks beforehand so you can see how these networks handle your personal data.
The GDPR and security
Because we value your privacy, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take organisational and technical measures to prevent possible data leaks and cyber attacks as much as possible. We work daily on improving the security and reliability of mediumchat, among other things. For instance, we trains our consultants, we use secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) which protect the exchange of data between you and our website when you enter your personal data on our website and we encrypt the data we receive from you in our system.
Access and changes to personal data
If you wish to receive more information or have any further questions regarding how your personal data is handled, you can always contact us. In any event, we hereby inform you that you:
- have insight into your data that we have stored online,
- have insight to how we have processed your data,
- can block your data from being used for marketing purposes or for historical research, or to cancel the newsletter,
- ask us to delete your account or to have it deleted,
- can contact us if you have a complaint about how we process your personal data. If these discussions do not lead to a satisfactory conclusion, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.